Carol Carter

02 November 2010

One of the Last


So the Ampersand panels arrived--- and I've been working fast to get them done. I want to wrap up the Italian Series before Thanksgiving.

There is a draw to finish the two larger paintings. I've done one this week, and will be starting the second one tomorrow.

There is a simplicity to this painting that I like. It's so deliberate without fussiness. The preplanning and underpainting went slowly. I don't think I'm going to do any additional layering -- and allow this piece to stand on its own.


Italy 170
acrylic
30" h x 30" w
2010
finished

Italy installation
30" h x 30" w each
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

NATIVIDAD said...

BELLISIMA, NOSE PUEDE HACER MEJOR.
SALUDOS

Nancy Goldman said...

I really like this one. The white areas really make it sparkle.

Carol Carter said...

thank you !!! love the fact that you continue to write.

nancy, i like the simplicity of this painting too. i am leaving it a little fresh and unfinished.