Carol Carter

08 June 2010

Fungus- Watercolor- First State

For a number of weeks... I have been steadily working on this painting of FUNGUS from Napa Valley. It's a kaleidoscope of color --- adding up to a nature scene of fungus, leaves, blades of grass, rock, log, dirt.

It has been a challenge.. and time consuming.

It' is not finished.... but I am not going to finish it for a few days now. I don't believe you shroud finish paintings too quickly - especially when you are heavily invested in working on them.

The best 'finishes' I make-- are ones when I' put the panting away for a number of days- and then resolve it with 'fresh eyes' and perspective

Fungus
watercolor
30" h x 40" w
2010
unfinished
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Mesmerizing, and fascinating. Can't wait to see the finished work.

kae pea said...

I never knew fungus could be so beautiful!

RH Carpenter said...

What a beautiful almost abstract painting...so many little treasures of color and light in this one!

Carol Carter said...

thank you kathy kristen and rhonda.
i hope to finish this painting in a dynamic way. right now.. i'm too close with it.. and don't know how to make those last steps. will post it when i do!

Suzanne McDermott said...

Carol! This is stunning. I was going to comment on the Iris (which is also stunning) and scrolled down to find this. Congrats on your recent sales. If I were closer to St. Louis, I'd sign up for some classes. Would love to learn how you work.

Carol Carter said...

thank you suzanne. i am liking this FUNGUS too... although i don't think it's finished.
i wish you lived closer.. it would be fun to get to know you! best. and isn't it great how many people have joined your FB page?

Unknown said...

Wow. Spectacular